Is this your first time ordering a branding iron?
We make it easy!
Step 1: Decide the type of branding iron you'd like:
BIC Lighter Branding Irons
- Attaches to a standard BIC lighter
- Not recommended for daily use as they can take a while to heat.
- Portable and novel - Make a great gift
- Max size of 1" (in the longest dimension)
Electric Branding Irons
- Great for regular use of small designs.
- Our brand tips only work with Weller SP80 Soldering irons
- Ideal for Plastics
- Max size of about 1.25" Wide (in the longest dimension)
Traditional Flame/Torch heated Branding Irons
- Great for regular use
- Drill press mountable
- Tips are interchangeable with a single handle (add on item)
- We recommend heating with a plumbers torch or kitchen torch
- Better control of where the heat goes (over electric)
- Sizes up to 6"
Step 2: Visit the order page
- To get an instant price quote for your design, visit the order page and pick the type of brand you would like, then change the size and the price will automatically update.
- There is a $39 base cost and then a size increase cost based on the size you pick
- Handles are not automatically added, you need to pick the option you'd like to include it in your order. We regularly sell out of the electric handles, but if we are, look for an Amazon link.
Step 3: Sit back and wait for your preview images
- We typically get your preview images back to you within 24-36 hours via email (excluding holidays and weekends). If you haven't heard form us by then please check your spam folder before contacting us.
- You will receive 3D model images of your exact brand tip and an actual size .pdf file that shows what your final brand mark should look like.
- Once you approve the images then we start making your brand and they typically arrive in 10-14 business days.
Step 4: Brand your products!
- We highly recommend practicing on stock items until you get your technique down.
- It's extremely helpful to use a high temperature thermometer to find the ideal temperature for your chosen material.
- The electric handles are not temperature adjustable and if you are branding very soft leathers then you may need a temperature regulator, or you can brand a piece of wood first to take away some of the heat.